Monday, May 18, 2009

Two months: the Countdown Begins!

Today, May 18th marks the two month countdown until my departure as a Rotary Cultural Ambassador to Ecuador! I am busy completing paperwork, arranging travel details, and beginning to construct my PowerPoint presentations I will deliver in Spanish to Rotary Clubs in Quito. I have also been contacting different volunteer organizations, such as CENIT, the Center for the Working Girl, and UN Volunteers investigating ways I can get involved in Quito. I am setting up this blog so that family, friends, and Rotarians can keep up with me as I travel to Quito to study Spanish, volunteer in the community, travel, and fulfill Rotary's Mission of "service over self" so I can help promote good will and understanding throughout the world.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment